Willow Valley Ranch
A place for you to get away with your family and friends to relax and unwind. Located half way between Omaha and Sioux City, Willow Valley Ranch is close to home but still a completely different world. Enjoy the amazing views, the quiet setting and the abundant wildlife that lives in the area. Relax by the fire on the patio, enjoy a soak in the hot tub or enjoy the view from the deck. Take a walk or bike ride on one of several trails on the property.
The house is situated on over 7 acres of land and you get it all to yourself. There are trails for walking or biking, a large lawn area for outdoor games and activities. A large wildflower garden to walk through. A fish pond with a variety of fish to feed. The patio and fire pit area is a great place to gather in the evening to relax and enjoy looking up at the night sky. There are no street lamps or light pollution out here. When the sun goes down it gets really dark outside. Up in the woods there is a tree house for the kids to play in.
The house will sleep 8-10 people depending on how many children are in your group. It will comfortably sleep 7-8 adults. There are two bathrooms, both with tub and shower, three bedrooms, dining room, kitchen, living room and sun room.
We are dog friendly so we encourage you to bring your dog(s) along. The backyard is completely fenced and the deck also has gates that can be closed. Your dog(s) will have the time of their lives running around exploring the property. Its like a giant dog park only better.
Located minutes from Summit Lake State Rec Area. Summit Lake State Recreation Area is a 190-acre lake, surrounded by 345 acres of land. The area offers fishing, hiking, hunting, swimming and camping, among other activities. A park entry permit is required and may be purchased at the park or statewide Game and Parks offices and permit vendors or in advance of your arrival online.
Included with your stay
The house is fully furnished and includes towels, linens and basic toiletries. Kitchen is fully stocked with all dishes, silverware and cups. Laundry room has washer and dryer and we provide laundry detergent for you. Also included are basic paper products such as toilet paper, paper towels and napkins. We have 2 coffee makers. One is a Keurig and the other is a conventional coffee maker. We provide some coffee for you along with sweetener.
Master bedroom: 1 queen size bed
Bedroom 2: Full size bed with a twin bunk
Bedroom 3: 2 twin beds
Living room: Sleeper sofa
Sun room: Daybed that converts into a twin bed
There is a TV and Dvd player in the living room. We have a large selection of movies for all ages.
There is no wifi on this property. Because this is a rural property, high speed internet is not available at this location.
A NOTE ABOUT CELL PHONE SERVICE
This is a rural property and cell service in this area is marginal at best. We have a cell phone signal booster inside the house so you will get a good signal when you are inside the house or on the deck. We have not tested all cell phone carriers so we cannot guarantee that your phone will work in this location. You will want to check with your carrier to see if they have service in this area. We know that Verizon, AT&T and US Cellular work inside the house. We do have a landline phone inside the house as a backup in case it is needed in an emergency.
Even though this is a rural property, there are things to do nearby
- Summit Lake State Rec Area is located about 15 minutes away. There you can boat, fish, kayak, paddle board and swim. http://outdoornebraska.gov/summitlake/
- Pheasant Bonanza is located less than a mile away. Pheasant Bonanza offers upland, waterfowl, and turkey hunts, sporting clays, lodging, food/bev, dog sales, boarding-training. https://www.pheasantbonanza.com/
- Silver Hills Vineyards & Winery is located about 1.5 miles away. http://silverhillswinery.com/
- Big Cottonwood Vineyards and Winery is located about 10 minutes away. http://www.bigcottonwoodwinery.com/
- Northridge Country Club is located in Tekamah which is about 15 minutes away. The semi-private Northridge Country Club winds around and up a ridge with views of the surrounding country side and the Missouri River Valley. http://golfnorthridge.com/
The closest town is Tekamah, NE. It is about a 15 minute drive. There are a variety of services and amenities available in Tekamah.
- D'Moore Pizza and Sub Sandwiches - dine in or carry out, pizza, burgers, sub sandwiches and much more
- Chatterbox Brews - upscale taproom that also has a limited food menu
- Cubby's - Convenience store and gas station
- Dollar General
- Bomgaars - hardware store, farm supply, pet supply type store
- Save More Market - small town grocery store
- Dairy King - Ice cream shop that also serves hot food
What to Bring
- Food - we have a full kitchen and a gas grill for you to use
- Swim suit for hot tub or swimming at Summit Lake
- Outdoor games / Indoor games
- Firewood - we also have firewood available for purchase
- S'mores supplies - we have roasting sticks for you to use
- Insect repellent
- Flashlights / lanterns - we have extras in case you forget
- Rain gear
- Boat / kayak / fishing poles / bait - if you are planning to go to Summit Lake State Rec Area